Tuesday 4 March 2014

Rain, rain go away...


Today with the non-stop rain and the flooding of the school playground we decided to use our senses and write a poem about the rain.

Here are a few of our poems:

Rain

I see the gloomy rain zooming sideways in the hard wind, as we watch out of the window.
I hear the wet cold rain going pitter-patter, when I am trying to drift off to sleep.
I smell the damp wetness surrounding me.
I feel the cold, soggy wet rain.
I wonder if the rain will ever stop!

By Ruby

I see St Albans playground flooded more than ever before!
I hear the rain going pitter-patter.
I smell the soggy grass.
I wonder where the rain is coming from?

By Benny

I see the wind blowing the misty rain around – it might flood!
I hear the rain going pitter-patter into the already formed puddles.
I smell the misty, damp cooling air of the rain.
I feel the cold touch of the rain’s icy finger.

By Riley

I see the rain pushing the rain to the left side of Christchurch.
I hear rain pitter-pattering on my roof.
I smell very wet grass, very wet leaves and very wet flowers.
I feel soggy wet rain dripping down my nose.
I wonder if the rain will ever stop!

By Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment